Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Stochastic Analysis and Applications
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest rated institution of research and education with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. Its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally esteemed research communities make UiO an important contributor to society.
Department of Mathematics is part of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. The Department is engaged in research covering a wide spectrum of subjects within mathematics, mechanics and statistics.
Flere stillinger fra Universitetet i Oslo
One to two positions as PostDoc in Stochastic Analysis and Applications are available at Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, University of Oslo.
The PostDoc positions will be linked to the project STORM: Stochastics for Time-Space Risk Models, a FRIPRO ToppForsk project jointly funded by the University of Oslo and the Research Council of Norway.
The research scientist will work on mathematical problems and their applications as described in the research plan of STORM (see: http://www.mn.uio.no/math/english/research/projects/storm/index.html)
In particular, the research work will focus on the development of the theory of stochastic analysis for time-space modeling. Mathematical structures of interest include random fields, non-Gaussian stochastic structures, finite and infinite dimensions stochastic analysis, mean-field structures. The applications include stochastic control and optimization, model risk evaluation. Applications to finance, energy, or biology are kept in view.
The research scientists will work in an internationally oriented research group with high ambitions in research excellency. It is expected that the fellow will take effective part in all group’s research and research related activities.
More about the position
The fellowships will be for a period of 2 or 3 years. Starting date within 15th May 2019.
The main purpose of the fellowship is to qualify researchers for work in higher academic positions within their disciplines.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these posts will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- Applicants must hold a PhD (or equivalent) in mathematics
- It is required prior documented research experience in stochastic analysis. Research experience in one or more of the following areas is an advantage: stochastic calculus, stochastic (partial) differential equations, stochastic control; as per applications: mathematical finance, energy finance, insurance mathematics, or risk measurement
- The candidates should have fluent oral and written communication skills in English
Candidates without a PhD title (or equivalent) must obtain the degree before starting date in the PostDoc position. Appointment is dependent on the public defense of the doctoral thesis being approved. The PhD thesis must be submitted for evaluation by deadline.
- salary NOK 515 200 – 597 400 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow (position code 1352)
- a professionally stimulating working environment
- attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
How to apply
The application must include
- application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions, academic work)
- research statement: achievements and directions of interests
- list of publications
- 3 most relevant research articles to be considered
- PhD thesis
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- References of 2-3 persons with contact detail (full name, position, affiliation, e-mail, telephone number). Please detail the relationship of the reference persons with the applicant.
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
Applicants may be called for an interview.
Please see the guidelines and regulations for appointments to Postdoctoral fellowships at the University of Oslo.
No one can be appointed as Postdoctoral Fellow for more than one specified period at the same institution.
According to the Norwegian Freedom and Information Act (Offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
The University of Oslo has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results etc.
The University of Oslo aims to achieve a balanced gender composition in the workforce and to recruit people with ethnic minority backgrounds.
For further information please contact: Professor Giulia Di Nunno, email: [email protected]
For technical questions regarding the recruitment system please contact: HR-officer Nina Holtan, email: [email protected]