Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Adjunct Professor / Associate Professor (20%) in Geriatric medicine, combined with Senior Consultant at OUH
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
Oslo universitetssykehus er Norges største helseforetak med over 22 000 ansatte. Vi har en rekke nasjonale funksjoner innen spesialisert medisin, og har landets mest avanserte traumemottak. Vi har stor aktivitet innen forskning, utprøvende behandling, opplæring, utdanning og innovasjon hvor vi er med å utvikle morgendagens medisiner og behandlinger. Oslo universitetssykehus skal være en lærende og skapende organisasjon med et arbeidsmiljø preget av åpenhet og respekt.
A permanent position as Senior Consultant is available at Division of Medicine, Department of Geriatric Medicine, Oslo University Hospital. The position holder must be a certified specialist in geriatric medicine. The position is affiliated with a part time position as Adjunct Professor SKO 8013 /Associate Professor SKO 1011 (20 % position) in Medicine (Geriatric Medicine) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends to both positions.
Flere stillinger fra Universitetet i Oslo
Regarding the full-time clinical position at Oslo University Hospital:
Department of Geriatric medicine has units for acute geriatrics (20 beds), specialized rehabilitation (26 beds), day hospital care, general geriatric out-patient clinic and a memory clinic specialized in advanced cognitive assessment. Increasing emphasis is put on liason clinical work with other departments of the hospital. The department also comprises a research section with around 30 PhD-students, postdocs and other researchers. The work tasks allocated to the present position will depend upon the position holder's clinical expertise and interests within the department's clinical responsibilities. The clinical work will mainly consist of either ward rounds with follow-up of in-patients, liason clinical work with geriatric patients in other departments, or clinical work in one of the out-patient units. The position holder is also expected to supervise and teach junior doctors and other members of the multiprofessional staff, and to contribute to increase the general competence and the quality of care within the department as well as the entire hospital.
- Requirement for Norwegian specialist training in geriatric medicine
- Certificate of good conduct (if needed)
- In-depth clinical experience in at least one of the department's clinical domains
- Documented and comprehensive skills in clinical supervision, multiprofessional clinical work and clinical quality improvement.
- Administrative skills
- Experience and skills in cooperation and ability in team-building.
We can offer
- The possibility to participate in improving the clinical services in Norway's largest geriatric department
- Work in a dynamic, friendly and highly competent environment
- Interesting and demanding clinical work
- Large possibilities for integration between clinical work and research
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO:
For complete job description with qualification equirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see:
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications Please scan and send the documents as PDF files See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills:
Enquiries about the Senior Consultant position:
- Head Physician/Professor Torgeir Bruun Wyller, tel. +47 91166682
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position at UiO should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Tone Iren Tverfjell, +47-22855769
- Torgeir Bruun Wyller (Head Physician/Professor), 91166682, [email protected]