Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Adjunct Professor / Associate professor (20 %) of Medicine (Neurology)
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
Oslo University Hospital is a highly specialized hospital in charge of extensive regional and local hospital assignments. As Scandinavia’s largest hospital, we carry out more than 1.2 million patient treatments each year. The hospital has a nationwide responsibility for a number of national and multi-regional assignments, and has several national centers of competence. Oslo University Hospital is responsible for approximately 50 percent of all medical and health care research conducted at Norwegian hospitals, and is a significant role player within the education of a large variety of health care personnel.
Senior Consultant at the Department og Neurology/Oslo University Hospital combined with Adjunct Professor / Associate Professor - Department of Neurology/Institute of Clinical Medicine
Flere stillinger fra Universitetet i Oslo
- Head of the Department of Neurology and Professor II: Hanne Flinstad Harbo, phone +47 995 46 680. Email: [email protected]
- Head of Research at the Division of Clinical Neuroscience and Professor II: John-Anker Zwart, phone +47 977 56 394. Email: [email protected]
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Erlend Huglen, phone (+47) 22 84 46 91 , [email protected] .
Oslo University Hospital has a vacant full-time position (100 %) as Senior Consultant at the Department of Neurology, combined with a part-time (20 %) academic position as Professor II or Associate Professor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine. It is required that the position holder attends to both positions.
Regarding the full-time clinical position at OUH:
The Department of Neurology is part of the Division of Clinical Neuroscience at Oslo University Hospital. The Department has clinical activity, research and teaching activity at two locations, at Rikshospitalet and Ullevål Hospital. At Rikshospitalet the Department has regional responsibilities, currently both in acute treatment of stroke with trombectomy and treatment of movement disorders, and many patients with diverse diagnoses are also referred for a second opinion evaluation. At Ullevål any kind of neurological condition among the population of Oslo is referred, this includes stroke and stroke mimics. The Hospital is now establishing/strengthening the Stroke Unit within the Department of Neurology located at Ullevål, the Unit will serve the entire Oslo population and will collaborate closely with the general neurological department both at Ullevål and Rikshospitalet. The Senior Consultant position will have a special role in supporting the development of the Stroke Unit both clinically and academically. The Senior Consultant is also expected to be a part of the team that will rotate to do on-calls at the Stroke Unit or in the general department of neurology either at Ullevål or Rikshospitalet.
Qualification requirements – education and relevant personal qualities:
- Applicants must hold an MD and be a certified specialist in clinical neurology
- Applicants must have knowledge of and experience from working with both stroke patients and neurological patients.
- We are searching for an ambitious person with strong communication and interpersonal skills, who enjoys a busy working environment, working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Personal suitability and good collaborative skills will be emphasized
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO:
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see:
We can offer:
- A challenging and friendly working environment
- High academic standards
- A favorable pension arrangement (Statens pensjonskasse)
- Advantageous welfare conditions
- An inclusive workplace
- Pay grade depending on qualifications
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidatehttp://www.med.uio.no/om/jobb/veiledninger/form—-phd-candidate-supervision.pdf
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and send the documents as one PDF file (maximum 10MB). See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills:
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Erlend Huglen, (+47) 22 84 46 91.