Ledig stilling ved SINTEF
Postdoctoral scholarship: machine learning and control of dynamic systems
SINTEFs vision is "Technology for a better society". This is also a guiding principle in our strategic focus on AI. Together with our industry partners we do applied research to uncover new knowledge and solutions that contribute to sustainable value creation, improved resource utilization and/or new revenue opportunities.
We have recently started a large research project in collaboration with major companies within Norwegian process industry and academia, and are looking for a postdoc to join our team.
SINTEF is one of Europe's largest research organisations, with multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of technology, the natural sciences and the social sciences. SINTEF is an independent foundation and has conducted contract research and development projects for the private and public sectors since 1950. SINTEF has 2000 employees from 75 countries and annual revenues of three billion Norwegian kroner.
Vision: Technology for a better society.
SINTEF Digital conducts research and innovation in the areas of information and communication Technology, technology-oriented social Sciences and Health research. Our multidisciplinary knowledge base is used across all industries and helps our customers exploit and meet the opportunities created by today's omnipresent digital transformation.
The project is called "TAPI- Towards autonomy in process industries - Combining data-driven and model-based methods for estimation and control". The research area is in the intersection between machine learning and control.
TAPI is a close collaboration between two research groups in SINTEF on Robotics and Control (Trondheim) and Analytics and Artificial Intelligence (Oslo). In addition, the industrial partners and the Department of Engineering Cybernetics at NTNU will be actively involved.
The project will last for 4 years, from April 2019 to June 2023. The postdoc scholarship has a duration of 2 years and the place of work will be at the premises of SINTEF in Oslo. A professional development plan for the full duration of the fellowship will be developed in collaboration with the candidate.
The postdoc will be part of the Department of Mathematics and Cybernetics and the group "Analytics and Artificial Intelligence" in Oslo. At SINTEF, you will be part of the leading environments on machine learning and control and work together with major Norwegian companies.
The ideal candidate is well experienced in machine learning, has knowledge of dynamic systems as well as skills and interest in programming and program development in teams. Knowledge of control systems is an advantage.
Desired expertise and skills:
- Doctoral degree in machine learning, cybernetics, mathematics, statistics, algorithm design, computer science, etc.
- Research experience in field of machine learning, data analytics, dynamic systems, control theory or relevant subjects
- Good knowledge of Python, additional programming languages are an advantage
- Experience from industry is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work and communicate well with clients and collaborators
- Strong academic track record/publication record
- Experience in research proposal writing
- Excellent written and oral English language skills are required.
- Knowledge of a Scandinavian language is an advantage
- Challenging applied research tasks
- A dynamic and innovative environment
- Skilful, experienced, and creative research colleagues
- Well-established national and international scientific and industrial networks
- A large degree of autonomy, and flexible working hours
- Competitive salary (subject to qualifications)
- Social benefits (pension plan, insurance, possibility for kindergarten, etc.)
- Possibility for permanent position for the successful candidate
Your application should include CV, cover letter and transcript of grades,
Closing Date for Applications: 12th November 2019.
Applications will be reviewed continuously.
Start Date: To be agreed.
Questions regarding the position:
- Anne Marthine Rustad (Research Manager), +47 932 03 879, [email protected]
- Esten Ingar Grøtli (Forsker/Research Scientist), +47 920 99 036, [email protected]