Ledig stilling ved NMBU
Postdoctoral fellow within Data Science/Machine Learning
NMBU has a special responsibility for research and education that ensures the basis of life for future generations.
Sustainability is rooted in everything we do and we provide knowledge for life.
NMBU has 1700 employees and 5200 students and is organized in seven faculties. NMBU has a campus in Ås and in Oslo. In 2021 we are co-located on Ås. Further information on NMBU is available at www.nmbu.no.
About The Faculty of Science and Technology
The Faculty of Science and Technology (REALTEK) develops research-based knowledge and educates civil engineers and lecturers needed to reach the UN's sustainability goals. We have approximately 150 employees, 70 PhD students and soon 1500 students. The education and research at REALTEK cover a broad spectrum of disciplines.
This includes data science, mechanics and process engineering, robotics, construction and architecture, industrial economics, environmental physics and renewable energy, geomatics, water and environmental engineering, applied mathematics as well as secondary school teacher education in natural sciences and use of natural resources such as in agriculture, forestry and aquaculture. The workplace is in Ås, 30 km from Oslo.
Data Science research focusing on analysis of highly multivariate and time dependent data related to modern and sustainable applications within the Life Sciences.
About the position
The Faculty of Science and Technology has a vacant three-year Postdoctoral–position in Data Science (DS) research related to Machine Learning development and -applications for analysis of highly multivariate and time dependent data.
The position will be a part of the section for data science. The position is expected to give important contributions in the development of a new DS-research group at NMBU covering a wide range of sustainable DS-applications related to the Life Science research projects on Campus. The topic is a natural hub for collaboration with environments on and off campus. One of the three years is dedicated to lecturing, including course development and preparation.
- Conduct research and combine state of the art and classical time series methodology for research applications and for the development of a new MSc /PhD course.
- Contribute in the development of new data analysis/AI methodology tailored for highly multivariate and time/space/sequence dependent measurements generated by various types of sensor technologies.
- Initiate and develop interdisciplinary collaborations for solving important real-world problems.
The main purpose of the post-doctoral position is to qualify for work in high-level scientific positions. A PhD degree is required.
Qualification requirements, desired experiences, knowledge and personal qualities
Required Academic qualifications
- PhD degree in Informatics/Computer Science, Applied mathematics or Statistics including theoretical work on Machine Learning/pattern recognition.
- Alternatively, an MSc degree in Informatics/Computer Science, Applied mathematics or Statistics and a PhD degree including advanced applications of Machine Learning/Pattern recognition.
The following experiences and skills will be emphasized:
- Extensive experience in analysis of highly multivariate data including time dependencies and/or spatial information.
- Experience with Deep Learning and/or advanced Machine Learning methodology in general, with applications to sequential (time/space) data in particular
- Hands on competence in managing and building database systems for Big Data applications.
- Extensive experience with scientific programming.
- Experience in open source software development related to scientific applications.
You need to have:
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Documentation confirming international research collaboration(s).
- Excellent skills in written and oral English.
- High motivation for learning Norwegian within the first year of the three-year period.
Remuneration and further information
The position is placed in government pay scale position code 1352 Postdoctoral Fellow, wage framework 24, salary grade 59-67 (NOK 523.200-605.500), depending on qualifications. Seniority Promotion in position.
For further information, please contact:
- Dr. Kristian Hovde Liland, associate professor., E-mail: [email protected]; phone +47 67231624.
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply for this job' button above. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Application deadline: 10.08.2020
Up to ten publications selected by the applicant as most relevant must be attached to the application. If it is difficult to identify the contribution of the applicant in multiple-author publications, a short explanation about the applicant’s part of the work is suggested.
Printed material which cannot be sent electronically should be sent by surface mail to Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, P.O. Box 5003, NO-1432 Ås, within 10. August 2020. Please quote reference number 20/02278.
Applicants invited for an interview will be asked to present verified copies of diplomas and certificates.