Ledig stilling ved NIVA
The Norwegian Institute for Water Research (NIVA) is Norway’s leading organization for fundamental and applied research on marine and freshwaters. Our research is performed across a wide array of environmental, climatic and resource-related fields.
NIVA’s laboratories generate extensive data in support of environmental monitoring projects, research projects and other assignments. Much of the analysis activities are accredited in accordance with ISO 17025, and NIVA utilizes a laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
Norsk institutt for vannforskning
Norsk institutt for vannforskning (NIVA) er Norges viktigste miljøforskningsinstitutt for vannfaglige spørsmål, og vi arbeider innenfor et bredt spekter av miljø, klima og ressursspørsmål. Vår forskerkompetanse kjennetegnes av solid faglig bredde, og spisskompetanse innen mange viktige områder. Vi kombinerer forskning, overvåkning, utredning, problemløsning og rådgivning, og arbeider på tvers av fagområder.
NIVA-gruppen har omlag 340 medarbeidere. NIVA har hovedkontor i Oslo og regionavdelinger i Bergen, Grimstad, Hamar, København og Kina, en forskningsstasjon ved Drøbak, samt datterselskaper i Tromsø og Chile.
We wish to strengthen our activities with a new Systems Engineer that will focus on laboratory operations and data management through the LIMS. This role will support in the implementation, adaption and operation of systems in close cooperation with NIVA’s sections for IT, environmental data science & informatics and chemical analysis.
You will be involved in data management throughout the entire life cycle; from sampling, to lab analysis and reporting of results.
- Management of the laboratory information management system (LIMS).
- Adaption and implementation of the LIMS in relation to new data sources (instrumentation).
- Development and implementation of web-solutions for work-processes in the laboratory.
- Contribution to additional development projects together with IT and data science & informatics.
- Data management, data governance and quality.
- Educated within IT/informatics, preferably system development, databases or statistics.
- Experience with programming can compensate for lack of formal education.
- Experience with LIMS or laboratory systems will be an advantage. Training will be provided.
- New graduates are welcome to apply.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, goal-oriented candidate with good communication skills. The desired candidate will be motivated to work in a broad, interdisciplinary and international research group with colleagues from a range of backgrounds. NIVA seeks a flexible candidate with the ability to work on a variety of tasks. NIVA is an environmental research institute so we value candidates who will appreciate the importance of this work on a global scale.
- Stimulating tasks in a leading national water research institute with great social significance
- An opportunity for professional and personal development
- A multicultural, social and creative work environment
- Competitive conditions and salaries, pension plans and insurance benefits
Applicants might be evaluated and contacted before the application deadline.
- Kristoffer Kalbekken (Forskningsleder), +47 889 69 672