Temporary position as Dissemination Specialist (advisor / senior advisor)
Application deadline: 22.02.2019
Norwegian University of Life Sciences
NMBU has a special responsibility for research and education that ensures the basis of life for future generations.
Sustainability is rooted in everything we do and we provide knowledge for life.
NMBU has 1700 employees and 5200 students and is organized in seven faculties. NMBU has a campus in Ås and in Oslo. In the autumn of 2020 we are co-located on Ås. Further information on NMBU is available at www.nmbu.no.
About the Faculty of Landscape and Society
The Faculty has 1300 students and 180 staff. It consists of five sub-units, carrying out research and education in the fields of urban and regional planning, property management and law, landscape architecture, international environment and development studies, and public health.
The Department carries out research, education and institutional collaboration within international e studies and offers Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD programs. The Department has an international and interdisciplinary environment with about 35 scientific staff, 30 doctoral candidates and 400 students. Read more about the department here.
About the position
The Faculty of Landscape and Society has a vacant temporary position as Dissemination Specialist at Department of International Environment and Development Studies for early appointment. The position is up to 1,5 years.
We are looking for a highly motivated dissemination specialist with responsibility for dissemination in our EU project ‘Community-Based Policing in Post-Conflict Police Reform’ (ICT4COPS).
This is a 5-year project and involves researchers from 15 institutions from four continents. The study is interdisciplinary and qualitative, involving the participation of a broad set of stakeholders from academia, government and non-government institutions, and civil society.
Read more about the project here.
- Implement and monitor the project communications strategy
- Establish and lead a purpose-built exploitation and dissemination committee.
- Develop research-based digital stories.
- Design and maintain the external website, including content creation
- Be responsible for conceptualization and production of online research content and diverse types of publications
- Manage stakeholder relations and outreach activities
- Facilitate result sharing between researchers
- Assist in the preparation and conduct of annual meetings and events
- Edit and finalize administrative reports and academic products.
- Conceptualize technology transfer processes
- Be responsible for scientific knowledge management in the project
- University degree, minimum a master’s degree, within a relevant field. Long and relevant work experience can replace the educational requirement
- Documented competence in developing research-based dissemination products
- Documented competence in independent and result oriented work
- Proven ability to translate complex research analysis into assessable language
- Fluency in English
- Digital communications competence, specifically within digital stories
- Proficiency in InDesign and Illustrator.
- Experience from qualitative social science research
- Knowledge of Spanish and Norwegian
- Project management skills
- A self-starter, able to work independently and in team
Remuneration and information
The position is an advisor or senior adviser positon, depending on qualifications.
The annual salary for an advisor (code 1434) is NOK 480 600 - 576 100 (salary scale 55-65) and for a senior advisor (code 1364) is NOK 524 200 – 607 700 (salary scale 60-68).
For further information please contact:
- Project leader, Associate Professor Ingrid Nyborg, phone: +47 67231325, email: [email protected]mbu.no, or
- Senior Advisor Ingunn Andersen, phone: +47 67231301,email: [email protected].
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply for this job' button above. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System.
Application deadline: 22.02.2019
Start date: ASAP
The application must include a letter of intent, a complete CV and copies of relevant transcripts, diplomas and testimonies, and documentation of relevant research and research dissemination projects / activities.
Applicants invited for an interview are expected to present certified copies of their diplomas and certificates.