Developer at Centre for the Science of Learning and Techology
University of Bergen
The University of Bergen is a renowned educational and research institution, organised into seven faculties and approximately 54 institutes and academic centres. Campus is located in the centre of Bergen with university areas at Nygårdshøyden, Haukeland, Marineholmen, Møllendalsveien and Årstad.
UiB - Knowledge that shapes society
Through robust and close interaction with the world around us – globally, nationally and locally – we shall be instrumental in building a society based on knowledge, skills and attitudes.
Do you want to take part in shaping the future?
Chief Engineer (developer)
There is a permanent position as a full stack developer at the Centre for the Science of Learning and Technology (SLATE), Faculty of Psychologi, with a greater focus on front-end development.
- design, develop, and implement applications from scratch and maintain quality and responsiveness of applications
- collaborate with researchers to design and test prototypes
- work closely with team members to quickly integrate new components and features into current application ecosystem
- maintain awareness of new and emerging technology that put SLATE among the top research centre.
Qualifications and personal attributes:
- BSc and MSc in Information Science, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related fields, with good software experience
- Greedy about quality and know what it means to ship applications with delicate graphical user interface
- Knowledge of developing mobile applications is a plus
- Good communication skills (written and oral) and an ability to work effectively with researchers
- Ability to work independently and in a structured manner, and the ability to collaborate in an interdisciplinary team
- Good in written and spoken English
We can offer:
- Exciting development opportunities as part of your role in a strong professional environment
- A position as Chief Engineer (code 1087) at salary grade 59 - 72 on the State Salary Scale depending on seniority and qualifications. This currently amounts to an annual salary of NOK 514 800 - 657 900 before taxes
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good welfare benefits
The application must include:
- Copies of eduational certificates, diplomas and transcripts and letters of recommendation
- Names and contact details of three references
The application and attachements with certified translations into English or a Scandinavian language must be uploaded at JobbNorge
We note that applications are evaluated with the information and attachments attached to the application in JobbNorge when the application deadline expires. It is your responsibility to ensure that all information is submitted before the deadline.
Detailed information about the position can be obtained by contacting:
- Director of SLATE Barbara Wasson, +47 91141297 / +47 55 58 41 20, e-mail: [email protected]
The state labour force shall reflect the diversity of Norwegian society to the greatest extent possible. People with immigrant backgrounds and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the position.
Information about applicants may be made public even if the applicant has asked not to be named on the list of persons who have applied. The applicant must be notified if the request to be omitted is not met.
For further information about the recruitment process, click here.