Ledig stilling ved Høgskulen på Vestlandet
Postdoctoral Fellow in data - driven energy system analysis
Western Norway University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Engineering and Science, has one available position as postdoctoral Fellow in data-driven energy system analysis
Western Norway University of Applied Sciences
With about 16,000 students, Western Norway University of Applied Sciences is one of the largest higher education institutions in Norway. A broad range of academic programmes are offered at Bachelor, Master and PhD levels, spread out on five campuses Førde, Sogndal, Bergen, Stord og Haugesund.
Our ambition is to build stronger and more solid academic and research environments that will interact nationally and internationally. The aim is to become a recognized actor on the international higher education arena. Increased international cooperation and engagement in externally funded projects will work towards this goal.
At the Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (HVL), Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Environmental Sciences, there is available a full time (100 %) position as a Postdoctoral Fellow in data-driven energy system analysis for a period of two (2) years.
The postdoctoral scientist position is to join the international research collaboration project COMETS with 11 European project partners. The duration of the full-time position is two years with the possibility to work in part remotely. The COMETS project will advance the scientific knowledge on the historical and future role of socially innovative Collective Action Initiatives in the energy transition (e.g. energy communities, cooperatives, purchasing groups). This will be achieved by quantifying their European-wide aggregate contribution from a variety of data sources. Our research is funded by the EU Research and Innovation programme Horizon 2020. Information to project partners and related publications can be found at: https://www.researchgate.net/project/COMETS-Collective-action-Models-for-Energy-Transition-and-Social-Innovation
We are seeking candidates who enjoy working at the interface of data science and energy science, having a strong background in data analytics and data mining (e.g. web scraping, text mining, database design and design of supporting ontologies, scarce data modelling). Qualified candidates should have a Ph.D degree, in a relevant subject area. Preference is given to candidates with additional solid knowledge about energy system analysis. The applicant should also be highly motivated, welcoming the ability to work with a dynamic team of interdisciplinary scientists.
Workplace is campus Sogndal
Key duties- and responsibilities:
- data analytics and data mining (e.g. web scraping, text mining, database design and design of supporting ontologies, scarce data modelling)
- designing and implementing an inventory on collective action initiatives in the energy transition
- contributing to publications and deliverables in the COMETS project
- the candidate must hold a PhD degree in a relevant subject area, or have submitted their doctoral dissertation for evaluation within the closing date of the application. It is a condition of employment that the dissertation is approved.
- solid knowledge about energy system analysis
- the candidate should be proficient in spoken and written English
- experience in working in scientific projects
- experience in working in international and interdisciplinary teams
- experience in conducting work remotely, using online communication and collaboration tools
Personal skills will be emphasized.
The candidate should be able to:
- work independently, as well as being a reliable team member
- be motivated and responsible
- have the ability to focus
- be flexible, social and open-minded
To apply for this position, please use the link “Apply for this job” (“Søk stillingen”).
The applications will be assessed by the information entered in www.jobbnorge.no at the application deadline. The applicants are responsible for ensuring that all the documentation is submitted before the closing date, including the scientific work (up to 15 pieces), complete publication list, certificates and diplomas. If the diplomas, transcripts or other documentation are not in a scandinavian language or English, the applicant must upload the certified transactions himself. If the attachments exceed 15 MB, they must be compressed before uploading or attaching as a link.
The applications will be sent electronically to the expert committee. Based on the committee's recommendation, qualified applicants will be invited to an interview and an trial lecture. Applications cannot be sent by e-mail or to individuals at Western Norway University of Applied Sciences.
- Good occupational pension, insurance and loan schemes from The Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Exciting academic environment with the possibility of competence enhancement and development
- Opportunities for training within the working hours
The position as postdoctoral is paid according to the Government's salary regulation, in position code 1352 - Postdoctoral Fellow.
There is a compulsory 2 % deduction to the pension fund (see http://www.spk.no/en for more information). The successful applicant must comply with the guidelines that apply to the position at any time.
The appointment will be made in accordance with the regulations for State employees Law in Norway ("Lov om statens ansatte)". Organizational changes and changes in the duties and responsibilities associated with the position must be expected.
State employment shall reflect the multiplicity of the population at large to the highest possible degree. Western Norway University of Applied Sciences Bergen has therefore adopted a personnel policy objective to ensure that we achieve a balanced age and gender composition and the recruitment of persons of various ethnic backgrounds.
Information about the applicant may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be named in the list of applicants. The applicant will be notified if his/her request is not respected. Applicants may be called in for an interview.
1) August Hubert Wierling, e-post [email protected]