Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Professor II / Associate Professor (20%) in Medicine (Ophthalmology)
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 man-labour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
Oslo University Hospital (OUH) is Norway’s largest hospital with over 20 000 employees and a budget of 20 billion NOK. It is a local hospital for parts of Oslo's population. It has a regional function for the inhabitants in the South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, and it also has a large number of national functions. The Hospital is responsible for the majority of medical research and education of health personnel in Norway.
About the position
The Institute of Clinical Medicine has a vacant position as Professor II /Associate Professor (20 % position) of Medicine, (Ophthalmology) . The part-time academic position (20%) is combined with a full-time Senior Consultant position at the Department of Ophthalmology, Division of Head, Neck and Reconstructive surgery, Oslo University Hospital. The Division of Head, Neck and Reconstructive surgery (HHA) encompasses the fields oto-rhino- laryngology/head and neck surgery, reconstructive plastic surgery, orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics, maxilofascial surgery, pediatric surgery ward and ophthalmology.
Regarding the full-time clinical position at OUH:
The Division of Head, Neck and Reconstructive surgery (HHA) encompasses the fields oto-rhino- laryngology/head and neck surgery, reconstructive plastic surgery, orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics, maxilofascial surgery, pediatric surgery ward and ophthalmology. The proximity to patients and their medical issues are the cornerstones for the research conducted at our Hospital and is aimed at improving patient care. High ethical standards ensure the confidentiality, and our goal is to continuously improve diagnostics, treatment and management for all our patients.
The clinical activity of the position will be at the Department of Ophthalmology, with a total staff of 250 employees, 10 operating theatres and 5 clean rooms, a dedicated postoperative unit, and a ward with 19 beds. Most of the surgical procedures are performed as day surgery. The Department has competence in all major fields of ophthalmology, including national, multi-regional and regional functions.
Qualifications requirements - education and relevant qualities:
- Applicants must hold an MD and be a board-certified ophthalmologist, clinically active, and have a wide range of clinical ophthalmological competence. It is further expected that the successful applicant will be an integrated part of the clinical activity at the Department. Previous experience with clinical quality improvement is preferred. Norwegian health authorities demand a board certification issued in Norway in order to work as a consultant ophthalmologist in Norway. Applicants without a Norwegian board certification must present in detail how they will get this in due time.
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Personal suitability for the position will be emphasized.
We can offer:
- A challenging and friendly working environment
- High academics standards
- A favorable pension arrangement
- Advantageous welfare conditions
- An inclusive workplace
- Pay grade depending om qualifications
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO:
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see this.
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate.
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
(Please scan and send the documents as PDF-files (maximum 2 MB / file).
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Professor II/Associate Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills.
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to:
Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Erlend Huglen, [email protected] (+47) 22 84 46 91.
How to apply
The combined position is published via Oslo University Hospital. Please visit this link to see the full advertisement and to apply for the position.
- Head of Department of Ophthalmology Ketil Eriksen: [email protected]
- Division Head of Research Professor Morten C. Moe: [email protected] (+47) 418 06 401.
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Erlend Huglen, [email protected] (+47) 22 84 46 91.
Webcruiter ID: 4324749247