Ledig stilling på Universitetet i Oslo
Adjunct Professor / Associate Professor of Medicine (Gastroenterology)
Universitetet i Oslo
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest ranked educational and research institution, with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. With its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally recognised research communities, UiO is an important contributor to society.
The Institute of Clinical Medicine (Klinmed) is one of three institutes under the Faculty. Klinmed is responsible for the Faculty's educational and research activities at Oslo University Hospital and Akershus University Hospital. With about 800 employees spread over approximately 425 manlabour years, Klinmed is the university's largest institute. Our activities follow the clinical activity at the hospitals and are spread across a number of geographical areas.
Oslo University Hospital (OUH) is Norway’s largest hospital with over 20 000 employees and a budget of 20 billion NOK. It is a local hospital for parts of Oslo's population. It has a regional function for the inhabitants in the South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority, and it also has a large number of national functions. The Hospital is responsible for the majority of medical research and education of health personnel in Norway.
A permanent 50% position as Senior Consultant is available at Section of Gastroenterology, Department of Transplantation Medicine, at the Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation, Oslo University Hospital (OUH). The position is affiliated a 50 % position as Professor (SKO 1013)/Associate Professor (SKO 1011) in Medicine (Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (UiO). It is required that the position holder attends to both positions and equal sharing of working hours between the two positions is expected.
Regarding the 50 % clinical position at OUH:
Department of Transplantation Medicine is responsible for the national service for transplantation of abdominal organs. The Section of Gastroenterology is responsible for assessment and long-time follow-up of all adult liver transplanted patients. The section serves as a referral center for patients with a broad spectrum of hepatobiliary disorders. The section has regional responsibility for patients with neuroendocrine tumors (NET) and has status as a European Center of Excellence for NET. The endoscopy unit performs advanced endoscopic procedures, including endoscopic ultrasonography and enteroscopy.
The Section of Gastroenterology is located at OUH Rikshospitalet. In addition to the patient ward and endoscopy unit, the section is responsible for an outpatient ward and a daycare unit.
There are 8 Senior Consultant positions at the section, out of which 3 are currently adjungated to a professor II (20%) position. The section has a highly active and internationally renowned research environment.
- Contribute to the ordinary clinical work at the department, in particular that related to the patient ward and the daycare unit, and participate in the work-up and care of the patient groups described above
- The applicant is expected to participate in the on-call system of the department.
- The applicant is expected to contribute to training of clinical fellows, run courses and participate in quality improvement routines.
- Contribute to maintain and develop a highly qualified research environment.
- The applicant must be prepared to perform clinical work at all sites within OUS.
- The applicant must possess a Norwegian specialist accreditation in gastroenterology at the starting date of entering the position.
- The applicant must have experience with the patient groups seen at the department, in particular assessment and follow-up of liver transplanted patients and patients with NET.
- Personal qualifications of the applicant, including documented collaborative skills, will be important.
- Working efficiently and consciencefully.
- Patient management involves empathic communication skills towards patients and their families.
- Documented language skills in Norwegian or a compatible Scandinavian language is required. Applicants must be able to teach and communicate with patients in Norwegian, Swedish or Danish.
- We offer good opportunities for professional development in a great working environment with highly dedicated and skilled co-workers at a university hospital with unique access to leading expertise in many clinical and supporting medical subspecialities. The department continuously aims to enhance the quality of the service through recruitment of applicants with particularly valuable expertise.
- Salary level for the position will be negotiated according to standard protocols.
Regarding the part-time academic position at UiO:
For complete job description with qualification requirements and basis of evaluation on the academic position please see here.
Applications for the academic part-time position must include:
- Cover letter and CV
- Complete list of publications
- Separate list of 10 most relevant publications to be evaluated specifically for the position (please send these publications attached in full text versions).
- Form: Overview of experience in supervising PhD candidates, including names of the candidates, period of supervision, information on institutions and dates for the presentation of the theses, as well as specific information regarding experience as main- or co-supervisor for each candidate..
- Description of qualifications regarding administration, leadership, teaching and foreign language skills
- Other relevant qualifications
Please scan and send the documents as PDF files.
See guidelines for designing the application, information for applicants, rules for appointments to Associate/Adjunct Professorships as well as rules concerning pedagogical skills.
Contact person Senior Consultant position OUS: Kristine Wiencke, Head of Section of Gastroenterology, e-mail: [email protected] or phone: +47 41302749
Enquiries about the UiO position should be directed to Bente Halvorsen, Head of Research Institute of Internal Medicine, email: [email protected], phone +47 98460647
Enquiries about the application process related to the part-time position should be directed to Senior Human Resources Advisor at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Heidi Falch Ecklund, [email protected], tlf. +47 22859227/90730348.
How to apply
A permanent position is available as Professor/Associate Professor (50 % position) of Medicine (Gastroenterology) at the Institute of Clinical Medicine, Division of Surgery, Inflammatory Diseases and Transplantation, Research Institute for Internal Medicine , the position is combined with a 50 % position as Senior consultant at the Oslo University hospital.
This combined position is published via Oslo University Hospital, please follow this link to se the full advertisment WebCruite Ref. no 4455879273.
Webcruiter ID: 4455879273