LEDIG STILLING PÅ HØYSKOLEN KRISTIANIA
Associate Professor in Artificial Intelligence
Kristiania University College
Kristiania University College is Norway's largest independent university college with 13,500 students and a large educational offer in Oslo, Bergen and online. Kristiania's mission is to contribute to science and to Norway's social and economic development through problem-driven and applied research and education.
The School of Economics, Innovation, and Technology conducts research and delivers study programs in areas like computer science, information technology, data science, entrepreneurship, and innovation. The school maintains strong industry relations and research groups at high international level.
The School of Economics, Innovation and Technology at Kristiania University College has a full-time position as Associate Professor or Senior Lecturer available.
The candidate has a PhD combined with strong experience in information technology with a focus on or specialization in artificial intelligence and machine learning.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate good pedagogical skills and initiate and lead research projects, conduct teaching and supervision at bachelor, master and PhD level, and to carry out administrative duties in accordance with the needs of the School. Both candidates with teaching experience and newly graduated candidates demonstrating passion and talent for teaching are encouraged to apply.
We seek candidates with a background in Computer Science, Data Science or other related fields, with expertise in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Supervised-, semi-supervised- or unsupervised learning, as well as experience in heterogenous (GPU-)computing for AI and Python programming with a focus on algorithms and libraries used for machine learning.
For a position as Associate Professor, a PhD degree is required.
The candidate must have a strong scientific track record that confirms capacity to address relevant and challenging issues, including a record of scholarly publications relevant to the area in leading international journals is required. The candidate should also demonstrate engagement in the international research community on the related field (s).
Candidates should be able to establish, lead, conduct and collaborate in research projects. A strong track record in academic and administrative leadership is an advantage, as well as the ability to attract third-party funding. The candidate should have an active approach to the dissemination and exploitation of research results and knowledge.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate competence and ability to deliver high quality teaching within the related fields. Candidates with pedagogical qualifications and teaching and supervision experience at master and PhD level are encouraged.
The successful candidate should have an international profile with respect to the above criteria. The candidate for this position will be selected based on excellence and fit with the section’s research profile. Fluent oral and written communication skills in English is a prerequisite. Fluent oral and written communication skills in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language is desirable.
Kristiania wants to recruit more women to permanent academic positions and encourages female candidates.
- Salary depending on qualifications
- A vibrant research community.
- An inspiring, friendly and inclusive working environment.
- Attractive welfare arrangements.
- A workplace in Oslo’s city center, Norway.
Application deadline: 11.03.2021
How to apply
The application must include:
- An application letter.
- A research position paper (1- 4 pages) describing the applicant’s research agenda and ambitions.
- A detailed CV, summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other relevant activities.
- A complete list of scientific publications and merits.
- Copies of educational certificates and diplomas. Diplomas issued in other languages than Scandinavian or English must be provided in the original language as well as in an English translation.
- Full text of up to 10 selected publications.
- A teaching portfolio describing the applicant's qualifications and focus on students learning, and research attitude towards teaching and learning.
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number).
Only applications through our application portal will be considered.
We use Semac background check in our recruitment process.
- Eivind Brevik (Head of Department), 90513650, [email protected]