LEDIG STILLING VED SINTEF
Ocean Observation and Monitoring Researcher
SINTEF er et av Europas største forskningsinstitutt, med flerfaglig spisskompetanse innenfor teknologi, naturvitenskap og samfunnsvitenskap. SINTEF er en uavhengig stiftelse som siden 1950 har skapt innovasjon gjennom utviklings- og forskningsoppdrag for næringsliv og offentlig sektor i inn- og utland. SINTEF har 2100 medarbeidere fra 80 nasjoner og en årlig omsetning på over tre milliarder kroner.
Vår visjon: Teknologi for et bedre samfunn
Les mer om SINTEF her.
SINTEF Ocean er et av seks institutt som utgjør SINTEF. Vi jobber med forskning og innovasjon knyttet til havrommet for nasjonal og internasjonal industri. Vår ambisjon er å videreføre Norges ledende posisjon innenfor marinteknisk og biomarin forskning. Sammen med næringsliv og myndigheter utvikler vi fremtidsrettede løsninger for bærekraftig utnyttelse av havet. Vårt hovedkontor er i Trondheim, og vi har avdelinger i Tromsø, Hirtshals, Oslo, Ålesund og Bergen.
The Ocean Observation and Ecosystems Research Group performs world leading research within ocean observation and digital twins of the ocean, ecotoxicology, acute pollution response, plastic and nanoparticle pollution, microbiology and biodiversity and analytical chemistry within a broad range of fields.
We are seeking a highly motivated and qualified researcher to join our team who will be focused on ocean observations and monitoring. The successful candidate will be part of a research group where the overall tasks are centered around the design and implementation of research projects related to the study of the ocean and its role in the Earth's climate and environment as well as the ocean industries. As, SINTEF is an applied research institute, understanding the workflow from basic research to applied solutions for our customers is important.
- Design and conduct research projects to investigate various aspects of ocean observation and monitoring. This will entail the integration of data from multiple sources such as autonomous and unmanned systems, ocean and machine learning models and other sources. Further work will include use and development of new sensors and platforms for these.
- Collaborate with other researchers and institutions to share data and knowledge, and to contribute to the development of new research ideas and projects.
- Analyze and interpret data collected through research projects, using a range of statistical and computational techniques.
- Write scientific papers and reports to communicate research findings to the scientific community and the general public.
- Participate in grant writing and proposal development to secure funding for research projects.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments and trends in the field of ocean observation and monitoring through literature review and attendance at conferences and workshops.
- A PhD or equivalent degree in a relevant field such as oceanography, marine biology, environmental science, or a related discipline.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with statistical and computational techniques.
- Experience in designing and conducting research projects, including the development of hypotheses, experimental design, data collection, and analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English), with the ability to present research findings to both scientific and non-scientific audiences.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- A willingness to travel and participate in fieldwork as needed.
- The willingness to learn Norwegian.
- Experience with machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques.
- Experience with grant writing and proposal development.
- Experience with autonomous and unmanned systems for ocean observation and monitoring.
SINTEF Ocean offers:
- Exciting and challenging tasks in interdisciplinary teams
- Good development and career opportunities
- Skilled and pleasant colleagues
- A vibrant and inspiring professional environment
- International challenges and opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Competitiv salarylevel
- Very good pension and insurance schemes, welfare schemes and a competitive salary
Do you think this sounds exciting and want to hear more? Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to: Researchmanager Trond Størseth, Mob: +47 982 22 461, [email protected]
Application with CV and transcripts must be sent by 04.02.2023.
Spørsmål om stillingen