LEDIG STILLING VED SINTEF
Scientist / Senior scientist – Silicon process technology and Sensor device technology
Deadline: 10.10. 2021
SINTEF is one of Europe's largest research organisations, with multidisciplinary expertise in the fields of technology, the natural sciences and the social sciences. SINTEF is an independent foundation and has conducted contract research and development projects for the private and public sectors since 1950. SINTEF has 2000 employees from 75 countries and annual revenues of three billion Norwegian kroner.Vision: Technology for a better society
Join our team to develop sensors of the future!
SINTEF Microsystems and Nanotechnology (MiNaLab) (www.minalab.no) is a leading provider of R&D and fabrication services in silicon-based microsystems, including feasibility studies, device design, process development, process integration, process and device simulation, prototyping and small-scale production. We work in close cooperation with national and international companies to develop state-of-the-art and tailor-made sensors and actuators used in a wide range of application areas like Aviation and Space, Consumer electronics, Scientific, medical and industrial instrumentation, Renewable energy, Production monitoring and industrial sorting, Biomedical and Environmental technology. We have assigned research groups covering the following fields: Radiation detectors, MEMS, Microoptics, BioMEMS, Medical Sensors and Piezoelectric Microsystems.
We are a highly innovative environment with strong focus on bringing technology from the concept stage to the market in close cooperation with industry and research institutions across the world, as well as through commercialization of our own technology via licensing and spin-offs.
We are now looking for a Scientist/Senior Scientist within Silicon processing and Sensor device technology
We are seeking a candidate with experience and interest in both Silicon process technology and Sensor development, design, and fabrication. Within the Silicon process technology field we look to strengthen our competence within Silicon oxidation and diffusion processes, including process/ equipment responsibilities in our clean room. In addition, tasks within general failure analysis and quality improvement will be assigned and experience with use of semiconductor characterization tools will be an advantage. The position will also include tasks within Si-sensor development, design, and fabrication matching or extending our current focus areas in one of the research groups. This work will include process integration, sensor design, project management, and customer contact. Here you will be part of a project team responsible for delivering high quality R&D and device production to our industrial and academic partners. You should have an ambition and capability to take a role in further development of the assigned fields both on the technical side and the business side.
You should be dedicated and self-motivated, proactive and creative.
We are looking for candidates with qualifications matching several of the following requirements:
- M.Sc or Ph.D in semiconductor physics or related topics
- Hands-on experience in cleanroom processing and use of characterization tools
- In-depth knowledge of semiconductor oxidation, diffusion processes and defects in semiconductors
- Experience in semiconductor equipment operation and troubleshooting
- Experience and competence in sensor design.
- Scientific and industrial network, and good understanding of industry needs and markets
In addition to technical-scientific competence, we are seeking candidates with skills and qualifications like:
- Team player
- High focus on quality
- Ability to take initiative and to generate new ideas
- Ability to see the potential in technological development to develop novel components or concepts
- Ability to interact and work in close cooperation with customers
- Experience from industry
- Good communication skills in both English and Norwegian/a Scandinavian language (not compulsory but highly appreciated)
- Exciting and challenging work.
- The opportunity for in-depth research and development.
- Creative and engaging working environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Company pension- and insurance scheme.
- Flexible working hours.