Ledig stilling ved NILU
Machine Learning Scientist
There is an open position as a Machine Learning Scientist at NILU – Norwegian Institute for Air Research. The position is permanent and is affiliated to the Department for Software and Hardware Development.
In order to further strengthen our group working with ML topics, we are seeking a Machine Learning Scientist that can represent and drive NILU’s ML technology for environmental modelling and decision making. You will get a central role and the opportunity to steer NILU’s ML strategy.
We seek a scientist that are able to investigate, identify and implement novel research ideas within environmental science as well as be involved in algorithmic development challenges. The position requires that you have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to explain technical concepts and analysis clearly to a wide audience.
- Ph.D. and research experience in machine learning or related field
- Proven track record of achieving results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, as well as first-authored publications in journals or conferences
- Expertise in machine learning techniques and deep learning libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc)
- Fluent in Python or R
Experience in one or more of the following is an advantage:
- Spatial-temporal dataset
- ML model deployment
- Large-scale data processing and storage frameworks (e.g. Apache Spark)
- Distributed deep learning infrastructures
The position is permanent and is located at our main office at Kjeller, just outside Oslo. We have extensive collaboration with national and international research institutes and universities. Travel activities are to be expected as part of the work. NILU offers competitive benefits as group life-/accident insurances and pension.
Further details about NILU can be found at www.nilu.no
Informal enquiries about the position can be directed to Rune Ødegård, [email protected]
Application, CV, scanned colour copies of certificates, degrees and recommendation letters should be sent as one complete pdf file to [email protected].
We perform background check in our recruiting process.
- Rune Åvar Ødegård (Head of Development), +47 63 89 80 87 ,+47 410 82 074, [email protected]