RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Department of Strategy and Entrepreneurship)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12/12/2018
BI Norwegian Business School
BI Norwegian Business School is ranked among the top business schools in Europe combining internationally recognized research and a wide range of educational offerings from bachelor to master and doctoral degree programmes as well as executive programmes. BI’s mission is to build the knowledge economy by empowering people and improving business. BI has 20 000 students, more than 300 000 alumni, and a number of academic and business partnerships and networks both nationally and internationally. BI holds the three most prestigious international quality accreditations – AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. BI is organised as an independent foundation whose purpose is teaching and research. All profits are used to strengthen BI's academic- and learning environment.
The Department of Strategy and Entrepreneurship has a Research Assistant position available from January 1st 2019. The position is for a period of 6 months. Department of Strategy and Entrepreneurship is looking for a highly motivated candidate who would like to develop analytical and research skills.
The position is appropriate for individuals who are aspiring to pursue an academic career, and who would be interested in preparing for a PhD in Strategic Management or Entrepreneurship.
The Department of Strategy and Entrepreneurship is involved in a wide range of international research projects. Our projects take place within a number of leading industries in Norway such as Offshore Oil and Gas, Telecom, IT, Finance, Professional Service Firms and Construction.
Areas of Research at the Department
- Business strategy; especially models for value creation
- Corporate strategy; e.g. mergers and acquisitions and alliances
- International strategy; e.g. evolution of multinational companies, global corporate configuration, management of knowledge development and transfer across borders
- Strategy processes and implementation
- Entrepreneurship and innovation; Start-ups, scale-ups and corporate innovation
- Health care management
- We prefer candidates with Master of Science Degree with specialization in Strategy or Finance
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- English language skills