Ledig stilling ved Handelshøyskolen BI
Postdoctoral position with a special focus on Artificial intelligence & society
BI Norwegian Business School
BI Norwegian Business School is ranked among the top business schools in Europe combining internationally recognized research and a wide range of educational offerings from bachelor to master and doctoral degree programmes as well as executive programmes. BI’s mission is to build the knowledge economy by empowering people and improving business. BI has 20 000 students, more than 300 000 alumni, and a number of academic and business partnerships and networks both nationally and internationally. BI holds the three most prestigious international quality accreditations – AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. BI is organised as an independent foundation whose purpose is teaching and research. All profits are used to strengthen BI's academic- and learning environment.
The Department of Communication and Culture is currently inviting applications for a
three year Postdoctoral Position with a special focus on Artificial Intelligence & Society,starting in June 2020
We are looking for a postdoctoral fellow who can help us strengthen our interdisciplinary internet research team as we embark on a new research project, supported by the Research Council of Norway. The project explores governance mechanisms to ensure the accountability of artificial intelligence systems.
As a research team in the centre for Internet and Society, we explore on the increasingly central role of AI and Algorithms in supporting, accelerating, and replacing decision-making processes in organizations and in society. In particular, we are interested in the distribution of accountability, responsibility, and agency between human and non-human agents. Our research takes place in an international network of research centres and contributes to designing fair and inclusive systems and policies.
We encourage applications from PhD graduates interested in pursuing their academic career by researching accountability issues surrounding AI. Strong background in business administration and/or informatics is required. We are particularly interested in candidates who seek an academic career in both research and teaching, and possess strong communication and analytical skills.
What you can expect from us:
• A three-year postdoctoral fellowship designed for talented PhD graduates who wish to pursue an international career within academia and who can contribute on the international arena with their research and publications.
• Team-oriented project work in a fast-paced team environment, and close contact with faculty and students.
• Research themes that integrate practice and theory.
• Salary upon agreement.The positions are linked to The Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (Statens Pensjonskasse).
• The applicants must defend their doctoral dissertation prior the appointment or the postdoctoral fellowship, and the applicant must have obtained their doctoral degree
• Candidates should have strong knowledge of and experience with qualitative or quantitative methodology.
• Affinity for topics at the intersections of technology, communications and society such as digital work and online platforms, big data and machine learning as well as virtual agents and (social) robots and good knowledge of relevant developments in these areas.
• Very good writing skills and highly proficient spoken and written English.
• High-level of motivation and commitment, problem-solving skills, responsibility, and willingness to perform on a top level.
• The successful candidate is expected to conduct research with a special focus on Artificial Intelligence & Society within the topics of explainable AI, algorithmic accountability and online platforms.
• The postdoctoral fellowship position requires a modest contribution to the department’s teaching programme (up to 70 teaching hours per year). The compulsory duties may also include other work to be decided on by the department and research group.
The application must be submitted electronically only by using the "Send application " button on the right hand side in this announcement. No e-mail application or hard copy application will be accepted. You are required to upload the following with your application:
• Certificate of a PhD degree or a document confirming doctoral dissertation being submitted for the evaluation.
• State 2 references that might be contacted after an interview round.
• A complete list of publications and/or other documented relevant activities.
• A cover letter (maximum two pages) in which you describe your abilities and motivation to pursue a postdoctoral fellowship on the accountability of AI.
• A teaching portfolio or an overview of courses and topics taught previously.
Application Deadline: 30th March 2020
For further questions about the focus of the scholarship, please contact:
- Prof. Dr. Christian FieselerCentre Director and
- Principal [email protected]
COMPANY HOMEPAGE: www.bi.no