Ledig stilling ved Universitetet i Agder
Professor / Associate Professor in Public Health
About the position
A permanent 100 % position is available at the University of Agder, Faculty of Health and Sport Sciences, as Professor/Associate Professor in Public Health, at the Department of Health and Nursing Science. The position is located at Campus Kristiansand. The starting date is negotiable with the Faculty.
University of Agder
The University of Agder has more than 1400 employees and 13 000 students. This makes us one of the largest workplaces in Southern Norway. Our staff research, teach and disseminate knowledge from a variety of academic fields. Co-creation of knowledge is our common vision. We offer a broad range of study programmes in many fields. We are situated at two modern campuses in Kristiansand and Grimstad respectively.
We are an open and inclusive university marked by a culture of cooperation. The aim of the university is to further develop education and research at a high international level.
The Faculty has four departments; Department of Health and Nursing Science, Department of Nutrition and Public Health, Department of Sports Science and Physical Education and Department of Psychosocial Health.There are five undergraduate programmes, six master's programmes and one PhD programme in Health and Sport Sciences at the faculty. In addition, we have a number of continuing education programmes. The faculty has three research centres; Centre for eHealth, Centre for Caring Research and the Priority Research Centre on Lifecourse Nutrition. There are active researchers in the Faculty's various disciplines.The Department of Health and Nursing Science is divided between the two campuses, Kristiansand and Grimstad. The Department has modern facilities with simulation units at both campuses. In addition, the Department has a high-fidelity simulation unit located in Grimstad.
The Professor/Associate Professor is expected to take part in teaching and supervision of bachelor’sand master’s students in health science focusing on public health. The Department aims to increase the opportunities for student exchange. It is expected that the candidate will take part in developing student exchange opportunities and participate in applying for external funding for international research collaboration. The Professor/Associate Professor will be responsible for developing a course in Global Health for students and is expected to plan and conduct research in public health with a focus on Global Health challenges.
The criteria of employment are pursuant to the Regulations concerning appointment and promotion to teaching and research posts.
- The applicant must hold a PhD with specialization in public health or a related field.
- The applicant must have peer-reviewed published research.
- Experience in leading research projects and having a network and experiences in building student exchange opportunities in higher education.
The working language at the University of Agder is Norwegian. A high level of proficiency in spoken and written English is required. The University of Agder offers Norwegian language courses to international employees with little or no knowledge of Norwegian and facilitates participation in such courses. Permanently employed staff are expected to have learnt Norwegian within a period of two years, and this is to be documented by passing the Bergenstest.
- We seek a Professor/Associate professor with a thorough understanding of internationalisation and global health.
- The applicant should have succeeded in getting external funding and knowledge about building strong collaboration between higher education institutions in Europe and Africa is an advantage.
- Good communication and teamwork skills, analytical mind, scientific curiosity and creativity, interest and motivation, accuracy, punctuality and attention to detail, commitment and concentration, patience, ability to work and deliver under pressure.
- The Professor/Associate Professor will be expected to contribute to an active research community at the Department of Health and Nursing Science. This position places great demands on the applicant’s capacity for independent goal-oriented work.
Personal qualities and suitability for the position will be emphasised.
- A variety of responsibilities in a large, exciting and socially influential organisation
- A position with opportunities for development in a diverse environment
- Modern facilities and a comprehensive set of welfare offers
- Membership of the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
The position is remunerated according to the State Salary Scale, salary plan 17.510, code 1013 Professor, NOK 691 400 – 813 400 gross salary per year, code 1011 Associate Professor, NOK 552 800 – 667 200 gross salary per year. Higher salary grades may be considered for particularly well-qualified applicants. A compulsory pension contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund is deducted from the pay according to current statutory provisions.
A good working environment is characterised by its diversity. We therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position, irrespective of gender, age, disability or cultural background. The University of Agder is an IW (Inclusive Workplace).
The successful applicant will have rights and obligations in accordance with the current regulations for the position, and organisational changes and changes in the duties and responsibilities of the position must be expected. The appointment is made by the University of Agder’s Appointments Committee for Teaching and Research Positions.
Short-listed applicants will be invited for interviews and a demonstration of their teaching competence, usually in the form of a trial lecture. With permission from the applicant, the university also will conduct a reference check before appointment. Read more about the employment process.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act § 25 (2), applicants may request that they are not identified in the open list of applicants. The University, however, reserves the right to publish the names of applicants. Applicants will be advised of the University’s intention to exercise this right.
The application and any necessary information about education and experience (including diplomas and certificates) are to be sent electronically. Use the link “Apply for this job”.
The following documentation must be uploaded electronically:
- Curriculum vitae
- Complete list of publications
- Diplomas and certificates with grades
- Doctoral thesis
- Up to 10 academic articles and R&D projects which the candidate wishes to particularly emphasise for the assessment process
- A description of the applicant’s research interests and their relevance for the advertised position.
The applicant is fully responsible for submitting complete digital documentation before the closing date. All documentation must be available in a Scandinavian language or English.
Closing date: 28 February 2020.
For questions about the position:
- Dean Anders Johan W Andersen, tel. 37233723, e-mail [email protected]
- Head of Department and Professor Mariann Fossum, tel. 37233756, e-mail [email protected]
For questions about the application process:
- HR-Advisor Turid Ervik, tel. 37 23 37 71, mobile 909 43 527, e-mail [email protected]